The A&B Cymru Awards exist to encourage, acknowledge and celebrate exemplary partnerships between business and the arts across Wales. A high quality and high-profile event, the 28th ceremony will take place in Cardiff in Spring 2023.
A&B Cymru wishes to commission ten awards which will be presented to the category winners.
An all-inclusive fee of £3,000 + VAT will be paid for this commission. The fee will cover all design, making, packaging and transportation costs.
Criteria for the design:
- The awards should be distinctive and suitable to celebrate a successful partnership between business and the arts;
- The awards should be attractive and of value to the recipients and should be suitable for display at the winners’ premises;
- Nine of the awards should be stylistically similar but need not be identical. The tenth trophy will be presented to the Business of the Year and should stand out from the others in some way;
- The awards should be easy to display at the ceremony, and of a size and weight that ensures that they can be comfortably presented and carried. The trophies should be between 9–14 inches high;
- Each award should be provided with packaging so that it can be transported by the winner;
- Each award must feature a phrase such as Arts & Business Cymru 2023 / Celfyddydau & Busnes Cymru 2023 or A&B Cymru 2023 / C&B Cymru 2023. The phrase can be incorporated into the design of the award itself or can be placed on a plinth if this is more appropriate;
- The first award must be delivered no later than Thursday 5 January. The remaining nine awards must be delivered no later than Thursday 2 March.
- The artist must be willing to collaborate with A&B Cymru on any publicity associated with the commission;
- The commission is open to artists living and working in Wales or Welsh artists living and working elsewhere.
If you have any further queries regarding this brief, please telephone Rachel Jones at A&B Cymru on 029 20303023 or email Rachel.Jones@aandbcymru.org.uk
Proposals must be submitted in writing and incorporate drawing(s) of the award no later than Thursday 1 September.
No fee will be paid for the proposal.
A&B Cymru, 16 Museum Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BH