Searching for Perfect Partners
Arts & Business Cymru Awards 2013
Sponsored By Valero
The search is on for the best in creative partnership as Arts & Business (A&B) Cymru launches its 20th annual awards ceremony.
For two decades, the Awards, which encourage, acknowledge and celebrate exemplary partnerships between the private sector and the arts, have reflected the broad range of work undertaken by A&B Cymru. The 2013 ceremony, sponsored by Global Energy Company Valero, will take place on stage at Wales Millennium Centre on Monday 8 July.
The Awards categories are:
- Arts, Business & Brand Identity, sponsored by Arup
- Arts, Business & the Community, sponsored by Wales & West Utilities
- Arts, Business & Young People, sponsored by Hugh James
- Arts & Small Business, sponsored by Principality Building Society
- Arts, Business & the Environment, sponsored by West Coast Energy
- Arts, Business & Employees, sponsored by Lewis and Lewis
- Arts, Business & Long Term support, sponsored by Hospital Innovations
- Business Adviser of the Year, sponsored by University of Wales, Newport
- The Admiral Business of the Year Award
- The Legal & General Arts Award
For the second year running, the crucial role that individuals play in supporting the arts across Wales is being recognised by the A&B Cymru Philanthropy Award. Personal generosity is playing an increasingly crucial part in Welsh cultural life and A&B Cymru feels it is important to give this method of arts support public recognition.
As well as cash sponsorship, the ceremony benefits from staunch in-kind support from a range of Wales based businesses, including Carrick Creative, Flightlink, Flower Lodge, Fruitapeel, John Lewis Cardiff, Llanllyr Source and Park Plaza, Cardiff. For the third year, the ceremony’s media partner is BBC Cymru Wales.
The award winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges who have expertise in practical art forms, sponsorship and the aims of the private sector. They are: Barnaby Brand, Finance Director, GE Aviation Services – Wales, Clare Hudson, Head of Productions, BBC Cymru Wales, Poet, Author and Scriptwriter, Owen Sheers, Askar Sheibani, CEO, Comtek Network Systems and Director of CBI Wales, Emma Watkins. This high profile panel will decide which partnerships will win trophies, specially commissioned from Llantrisant based artist Laura Thomas.
Nomination forms for the 2013 awards are available by e-mail from email@example.com or from by clicking on the links opposite.
Category Sponsors 2013:
Media Partner 2013:
Event Partners 2013:
View all news