A&B Cymru Awards Trophies
The A&B Cymru Awards exist to encourage, acknowledge and celebrate exemplary partnerships between business and the arts across Wales. A high quality and high profile event, the 23rd ceremony will take place at Wales Millennium Centre on Saturday 14 May 2016.
A&B Cymru wishes to commission 11 awards which will be presented to the winners of the various categories. An all inclusive fee of £3,000 + VAT will be paid for this commission. The fee will cover all design, making, packaging and transportation costs.
Criteria for the design:
- The awards should be distinctive and suitable to celebrate a successful partnership between business and the arts;
- The awards should be attractive and of value to the recipients and should be suitable for display at the winners’ premises;
- 10 of the 11 awards should be stylistically similar but need not be identical. The 11th award will be presented to the Business of the Year and should therefore stand out from the other awards in some way;
- The awards should be easy to display at the ceremony, and of a size and weight that ensures that they can be comfortably presented and carried. The trophies should be between 9–14 inches high;
- Each award should be provided with packaging so that it can be transported by the winner;
- Each award must feature a phrase such as Arts & Business Cymru 2016 / Celfyddydau & Busnes Cymru 2016. The phrase can be incorporated into the design of the award itself or can be placed on a plinth if this is more appropriate;
- The first award must be delivered no later than Friday 19 February. The remaining 10 awards must be delivered no later than Friday 29 April;
- The artist must be willing to collaborate with A&B Cymru on any publicity associated with the commission;
- The commission is open to artists living and working in Wales or Welsh artists living and working elsewhere.
If you have any further queries regarding this brief, please telephone Rachel Jones at A&B Cymru’s Cardiff office.
Proposals must be submitted in writing and incorporate drawing(s) of the award no later than Friday 4 December 2015. No fee will be paid for the proposal.
A&B Cymru, 16 Museum Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BH
Tel: 029 2030 3023
E-mail: Rachel.Jones@aandbcymru.org.ukView all news