A&B Cymru Awards 2016
Celebrating Creative Success
The 23rd Arts & Business (A&B) Cymru Awards will take place at Wales Millennium Centre on Saturday 14 May. The 2016 black tie ceremony and dinner is sponsored for the 6th year by Global Energy Company Valero.
The Awards, which encourage, acknowledge and celebrate exemplary partnerships between the private sector and the arts, reflect the broad range of work undertaken by A&B Cymru. This year's categories are:
- Arts, Business & Brand Identity, sponsored by Great Western Railway
- Arts, Business & the Community, sponsored by Wales & West Utilities
- Arts, Business & Young People, sponsored by Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Arts & Small Business, sponsored by Principality Building Society
- Arts, Business & Health, sponsored by Western Power Distribution
- Arts, Business & the Environment, sponsored by The Waterloo Foundation & University of Wales Trinity St David
- Arts, Business & Employees, sponsored by Cartrefi Conwy
- Eversheds Adviser of the Year
- Admiral Business of the Year
- Hospital Innovations Arts Award
For the 5th year, the crucial role that individuals play in supporting the arts across Wales is being recognised by the A&B Cymru Philanthropy Award. Personal generosity is playing an increasingly important part in Welsh cultural life and A&B Cymru has a major role in encouraging public recognition for this method of arts support.
The award winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges who have expertise in practical art forms, sponsorship and the aims of the private sector. They are:
Geoff Barber, Head of Business Intelligence & Finance Change, Principality Building Society
Mary Czulowski, Chief Executive, Britwind Ltd
Chris Frost, joint owner, Manorhaus restaurants with rooms, Ruthin & Llangollen
Eilir Owen Griffiths, Composer, lecturer and music director
Gareth I Jones, Founder & CEO, Welsh Innovation Centre for Enterprise
Cathy Owens, Director, Deryn
Ted Sangster, former CEO, Port of Milford Haven, Chair, Darwin Centre and Waterfront Gallery
The successful individuals and companies will once again receive trophies specially commissioned for the ceremony. This year they will be designed and made by Brecon based Sculptor Weaver Sue Hiley Harris, in collaboration with artist designer Owen Harris.
Dates for the diary:
The 2016 shortlist will be announced on Twitter at 12pm on Monday 21 March.
Priority booking for tickets and advertising will open on Tuesday 22 March.
Sponsors of the 2016 A&B Cymru Awards: