COVID-19 Helpful Tips
Below please find links and documents which provide advice and support in response to the current COVID-19 crisis.
Wales Coronavirus Policy Checker
£18m support for the culture, creative and sport sector announced by Welsh Government: https://gov.wales/18m-support-culture-creative-and-sport-sector-wales
The Welsh Government has announced an additional package of support for businesses hit by Coronavirus. More detail can be found here: https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice
The Development Bank of Wales are offering a three-month capital repayment holiday to their customers to help manage cash flow as the Coronavirus continues to develop. https://developmentbank.wales/coronavirus-support-welsh-businesses
The announcement on the Gov.uk website lists the various measures available and who is administering them https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses – it is comprehensive & updated as they add additional measures.
The ‘business interruption’ loan scheme (up to £5m loans) will launch next week and will be delivered through the British Business Bank and the BBB link is: https://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-scheme-cbils/
Two schemes involving the Bank of England. The measures on 11th March included a term funding scheme aimed at SMEs delivered via the banks: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2020/march/boe-measures-to-respond-to-the-economic-shock-from-covid-19. Ask your bank about support.
The Association of British Insurers have issued a statement on business insurance cover here and have a COVID-19 Q&A here which includes business insurance, trade credit, income protection and pensions and investments.
The Self-Employed and Coronavirus
Baldwins tips for Trustees (Click here for PDF)
Baldwins' Trustee Report Considerations (Click here for PDF)
How to run effective virtual Board meetings (Click here for PDF)
Other useful links:
- Visit Wales: have a dedicated COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates and key links for businesses and industry: https://www.visitwales.com/coronavirus
- For those involved with charities: https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/coronavirus-what-charities-need-to-know.html
- Emergency Funds News from Richard Newton Consulting (Click here for PDF)
- Financial Support for Businesses and Staff (Click here for PDF)
- COVID-19 Business Fact Sheet from Blake Morgan: https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/covid-19-business-fact-sheet/
- Click here for information from Companies House regarding the planned 3-month extension period to file accounts during COVID-19.
- Click here for information on the Help Musicians Coronavirus Financial Hardship Fund
- You can access the GoodFinance Resource Hub for Charities & Social Enterprises here
- Click here for information on the Welsh Government's new £500m Economic Resilience Fund
- Creative Cardiff conducted an online survey to gather responses from Welsh freelancers in response to the government's COVID-19 funding schemes, click here to see the findings
- Click here to see a collection of various links and guidance, collated by Baldwins, that have been provided by Government and sector specialists. The links include resources for furloughing and the charity commission
The Charity Commission has issued guidance on how to manage financial difficulties in your charity caused by coronavirus.
Click here for the April edition of Blake Morgan's Charities Newsletter, which contains a variety of sector-specific resources
Mental Health & Self Isolation
Guidance for businesses and employers to respond to COVID-19
- Baldwins has issued a draft document to help form a Strategic Plan to prioritise tasks during this crisis.