Learn about philanthropy and donors
Want to know about how philanthropy works, understand donor motivations and the different ways in which gifts can be made?
We’ve brought together the definitive list of research and insight on philanthropy, many by Arts & Business, to help you understand the market and what your organisation can achieve: who you should be targeting, how to build relationships and what marketing messages to use to motivate support.
Where else you can find information...
- How donors choose which charities to support, by Beth Breeze, University of Kent, explores the decision making process of donors
- Charitable giving and fundraising in a digital world, by ICT Foresight
- UK Giving 2009, by the NCVO and CAF, understand the whole maket of philanthropy in the UK
- Why rich people give, by Theresa Lloyd, an expert on fundraising from high-net-worth individuals
Some useful websites:
- Centre for Charitable Giving and Philanthropy is the UK's first dedicated research centre with academics from across the UK working together
- Philanthropy UK works with philanthropists and offers a guide to giving and further publications if you want to understand donors better
- New Philanthropy Capital is a thinktank to support charities and encourage debate about what makes a charity effective and how to measure impact